The Creative Me

Fall In Virginia

Fall In Virginia
Visiting Virginia in the fall and the colors so vibrant. I need to leave Florida more often!

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Parenting What are you teaching your child about being bossy or responsible?

 I found this interesting article on how interactions with our children can influence their personality. 

I saw some mistakes I  made when my child was younger. As with all parenting none of us are perfect but we want the best for our children and our interactions can affect the person they become as they grow up.
I also said to myself after reading it, "okay maybe I did do some things right."

I watched my son recently with his grandson and as he was sweeping the kitchen floor and behind him the two year old was sweeping too. I admired his patience and encouragement and wondered if I was that patient with him when he was little? 

I sent him the article and told him how proud I was of him for teaching the little one responsibility in a kind loving way.  I also apologized to him if I didn't do the same for him when he was little. The amends a bit late but at least it has been said.

I would hope he got some of his patience from me, but I suspect his grandparents who raised him part of the time had the most influence while I was working (single mom) to support us. 

Hope you enjoy the article and pass it on. I wish I had read this when I was a young mom. :-)

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/03/05/974069925/are-we-raising-unhelpful-bossy-kids-heres-the-fix?utm_source=pocket-newtab



No comments:

Post a Comment