The Creative Me

Fall In Virginia

Fall In Virginia
Visiting Virginia in the fall and the colors so vibrant. I need to leave Florida more often!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Relationships

Relationships are difficult. The author, Scott M. Peck, has for the first line in one of his books "life is difficult" I understand those words. I also believe we create some of our own difficult situations.
I seem to handle life when alone with a positive attitude, most days. :-) I have moments where I would like someone to go to dinner with, cuddle or go dancing. Mostly, I feel I have a good balance in my life when alone; work, photography, friends etc.
Recently I began dating an old boyfriend again. I don't like who I become when dating. Maybe it's because we had a romantic relationship in the past. How do you go back to just being friends till you see if the romantic part could be rekindled? I feel romantic feelings, but the past makes me guarded. I was telling an old friend about the way I felt, her wise words to me were:
It seems like it would be easy to have a fun relationship as long as you don’t try to make the guy own your ideas. Everyone is entitled to their way of life even if it doesn’t agree with yours.
I loved that, I read it to him, he loved it. Ahhhh now the hard part, to practice it in my life on a daily basis.
It appears to me I am in "fall down seven times, get up eight" mode.
Living life on life's terms is not always easy, the rewards however are like new branches forming on an old tree. With time they will bloom and flower and maybe learning life lessons will be welcomed and not feared.

No comments:

Post a Comment